There are 2 kinds of affection in The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, which are Hero Affinity and Character Affection.
Increasing the affection of the Heroes in the game will give you free Diamonds, free Cosmetics, artworks, animations, and other interesting stuff!
What is Affinity?
Each hero has a specific affinity meter. Depending on the Hero rarity, the number of points to max out the affinity tree varies:
- R Heroes = 12,000 Affinity Points
- SR Heroes = 16,000 Points
- SSR Heroes = 20,000 Points
Each affinity tree has 5 levels in total and every time you get to a new level, it takes even more points to get to the next level. It takes just a little amount of points to reach level 1, but will cost you a ton of affinity point to reach level 5!
- Affinity Level 1: Hero Artwork unlocked. You can view the artwork via the hero’s profile.
- Affinity Level 2: Hero voice lines unlocked. You can hear the new voice lines from the hero profile.
- Affinity Level 3: 1 Bonus Diamond
- Affinity Level 4: New Hero Animations unlocked.
- Affinity Level 5: Free Hero Cosmetic with Stats.
To increase the Hero affection, you can either give them Affinity Increase Elixir, Vanya Ale or their favorite Foods.
When you achieve the maximum level of affinity, the maximum amount of heart in the Affection also increases.
Why should I max out the Affinity?
- Free SSR cosmetics.
- Boosting your CC, damage, survivability
- You don’t have to spend Gems.
Most players think that getting only 1 cosmetic item for each character is not worth it. But, the point is that a lot of heroes share their cosmetics together.
For example, If you can get 2 free SSR cosmetics from 2 different versions of Meliodas, each Meliodas will have 2 free SSR cosmetics in total.
How to Max Out Affinity Fast:
- Buy the food ingredients from the shop whenever they are discounted. Very cheap. It doesn’t cost you much! Also, as you cook, your cooking recipe levels up and
- Farming Free Stage Cooking (Easy) for more efficient. 50 runs, about 2 stamina potions, give you enough ingredients for 60 dishes. Best to do this when it’s Half Stamina Event.
- Vanya Ale. You can 3 Ales for free every day in the Tavern (it’s 4 If you have Tavern Decoration). Free 300 Affinity Points for any character!
- Cook 1 dish with Meliodas every day! (Use Ban for normal cooking as he gives better success chance).
What is Affection?
The Affection menu can be accessed via the Heroes → Affection menu.
You can raise Affection by winning a battle with the heroes or having a conversation and presenting gifts. For the full list of all gifts and locations of all characters in The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, check out our Affection Gifts & Locations guide!
When you increase affection to the maximum, you’ll get a heart and get rewards based on the number of hearts you collect.
- Current heart
- Reward according to the number of heart
- The maximum number of the hearts you can acquire from each hero.
For every 5 hearts received, you will receive 5 Diamonds. And for every 25 hearts received, you will get 25 Diamonds, which is quite a lot!
The Affection of a character is shared between different versions of the characters. For example, [Boar Hat] Master Meliodas and [Seven Deadly Sins] Captain Meliodas share the same ‘Meliodas’ affection bar.
How to get more Hearts in Affection:
- The maximum number of hearts increases with the number of heroes you have and the maximum level of affinity among individual heroes.
- The amount of hearts a character has in the Affection menu equals to the unlocked variations of that character.
- Every time you max out the Affinity bar of a Hero, its character will receive 1 extra heart in the Affection.