Here is some very important information regarding the stats, set bonuses and buffs stacking in The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross that will blow your mind!
Stat Terms in 7DS
Here are some terms we are going to use in this guide:
- Base Stats: HP, Attack, and Defense which not being affected by any gear, food or associations. Base stats can be affected by awakening, secret treasures and sacred treasures.
- Equipment Stats: The stats given by the equipment solely itself, containing Attack, HP, Defense, etc.
- Bonus Stats: Food bonuses, set bonuses, equipment’s awakened bonuses.
- Sub Stats: The bonus stats when you equip support heroes (not the 4th hero).
- Association Stats: Bonus stats gained when having Heroes in the same association in your team.
- Buffs: Any bonus gained from Unique skills or ally skills during a battle.
The formula of the 3 base stats is similar so let’s focus on the Attack main stat in our examples.
▶️ Base Stats & Equipment Stats are additive. They are added together then get multiplied by Bonus Stats from the set.
For example, a hero has 1,000 base Attack + 500 equipment Attack + 20% Attack Set Bonus = (1,000+500) x 120% = 1,800 Attack.
▶️ Bonus Stats are additive. This includes awakened gears, food bonuses, and set bonuses.
Using the same example above, assuming we have maximum bonus stats, the total attack we have should be: (1,000 + 500) x (1 + 0.1 + 0.15 +.0.15 +0.2) = 1,500 x 1.6 = 2,400 Attack.
▶️ Sub stats are pretty tricky here:
- The stats of the subbed Hero is calculated the same way as normal.
- The main hero will take 5-10% of the support hero main stats.
- The associated stat will be added to the main hero at last.
For example, the attack of the support (subbed) Hero is 1,000, it gives 10% stats to the main Hero and adds 240 associated attack. The formula will be: 2,400 + 1,000 x 10% x 1.6 + 240 = 2800 Attack.
▶️ Buffs are calculated at last.
Buffs give multiplicative boosts to primary stats and additive boosts to secondary stats.
Let’s stay Meliodas has 10% attack buff, multiply this with our current attack above, we have 2800×1.1 = 3080 attack now. Furthermore, we also have crit chance, crit damage and pierce rate. Next, we have Unique buffs, stacked skill buffs, etc. Which can increase the attack damage by a lot!
How to Improve Hero Power
Now, based on the stuff above, here are some of the best ways to boost your hero power:
- Level and evolve your Heroes as much as you can, of course.
- Level and evolve the sub-Heroes.
- Equip the best sets you have on your main Heroes. Activate the set bonuses if possible.
- Use SSR gears on left column & C equip on the right column.
- Upgrade the C gears to 5⭐ and reroll until you have the main stats (+ Attack %, etc) for it.
- It costs about 1 million Gold to have 3 great C gears.
- Change the C gears out when you obtain SSR equipment.
- Equip second-best Equipment on the sub-Heroes. Get the set bonuses. Not upgrading is fine unless you have extra SSR gears.
- Equip and awaken Sacred treasures on main Heroes first.
- Upgrade Sub-Hero Ultimates.
- Have a nice team composition!
The awakening bonus, set bonus and food affect the stats of your main Heroes and the “subbed” characters.
Uniques and Buffs multiply on top of all others.
You want to level up and equip your sub Heroes for a stronger team!
Is it better to have ssr or c gear on support heros
Yes, you can do have similar gears as you have on your main heroes.
If you are new, equipping full SSR items on your support heroes is enough. You want them to have a great main stats for the later uses.